Flange fittings are a necessary evil for the industrial plumber.
Without them, the connection of lines and plant equipment such as chillers, filters, control valves and backflow preventers are a nightmare – especially if ready access is unavailable to any component for installation or maintenance.
An easier way of fitting flanged equipment is always welcome. The CTS Copper Companion Flange, a fully floating flange, is such a logical development in copper tube installation that it is hard to believe that no one has thought of it before.
The concept is very simple. Instead of having to install a brass companion flange that requires careful alignment of bolt holes during brazing, the CTS Copper Companion Flange uses a copper fitting brazed/soldered directly to the copper tube, backed by a fully floating powder coated steel flange fitted with a neoprene (EPDM) insulator. The integral insulator allows the CTS flange to offer 100% protection against electrolysis.
The CTS System Advantages:
- 100% Electrolysis Protection with copper to steel, cast connection (a suitable isolating gasket must be used).
- Saves time, saves money. The brazing time required to complete a satisfactory joint between the Copper Companion Flange and the tube is up to 20% less than the brazing time required to attach a bronze flange.
- Time needed to align bronze flange with its opposing fitting is eliminated totally. No 2 holing.
- The fully floating CTS steel backing flange can be rotated freely around the joint to match a fixed flange on installed equipment without using force. The CTS Copper Companion Flange functional efficiency is enhanced by features such as automatic central positioning of the flange due to the unique design of the neoprene insulator, which ensures a positive seal.
- CTS Flange eliminates the requirement for bolt installation kits needed to prevent electrolysis between companion flanges and associated steel or iron valves and equipment.
- Applications include all butterfly and flanged gate valve installations, along with pumps, boilers, chillers, backflow devices. The fast and easy way to connect copper tube to flanged valves and equipment.
- CTS Flange is also available for copper roll groove applications. Available in 150lb, 300lb.
- No cracking or warping due to overheating, or cooling to rapidly.
- Save money on gases and solder. No extra costs such as dielectric insulators.
- Burst pressure tested to 1000PSI. Temperature range -19c to +134c
- 100% Lead Free.
CTS is the 100% Original
CTS is, and always has been, the only copper Flange with EDPM insulator for 100% electrolysis protection CTS is, and always has been, known and identified by our distinctive blue Flange colour.
Other Flange manufacturers have re-branded their flanges from green to blue, and also have re-branded outer packaging to look like CTS. Don’t be fooled, these are imitations, NOT the original CTS Flange.
The CTS system has been developed over many years with considerable effort and resources. The patented CTS EDPM insulator has proven itself as the only effective means of providing 100% electrolysis protection above and below ground. Other products may look similar, but they are not the CTS product.
The CTS Brand is our promise we stand by our products. Be aware when specifying or installing flanges, don’t accept imitations, specify CTS Flange. CTS Flange. The original, not the Copy, Mate. If you have any concerns or further queries please do not hesitate to contact us on 03 9484 4155